Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew"
- William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet

"Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who love, time is eternity."
- Henry Van Dyke

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.
Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."
- Albert Einstein


"Men always want to be a woman's first love
women like to be a man's last romance."
- Oscar Wilde


"A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears."
- Woodrow Wyatt

"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
- Joseph Addison

"They have come up with a perfect understanding. He won't try to run her life, and he won't try to run his, either. "

"God save me from my friends - I can protect myself from my enemies."

8 comments:

N said...

nice quotes on love :)

The Verve said...

" God save me from.... enemies"
Really,May GOD save you from me dear, coz I'm going to take it on you for this ;)!!

The Spotless Mind !!! said...

@reaper
thank you lady!

@verve
aha! i'm waiting.

Harish Suryanarayana said...

Nice list [:)] Shakespeare = Genius .

catherine munoz said...

In fact, the quote, "When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew", is not from Shakespeare... It is from a journalist named Arrigo Boigo... Just a little information, my friends, in case you were unaware... (or misinformed for that matter!) =D

catherine munoz said...

Sorry, I meant "Boito"; Arrigo Boito...

Anonymous said...

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew" is a quote by Arrigo Boito NOT by Shakespeare.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me but as others metioned the quote was said by Arrigo Boito. Just out of curiousity does anyone know why Shakespeare was given credit all over the internet? The syntax of the quote doesn't even slightly resemble the language or the iambic pentameter.